Cengage Learning Administrative Assistant in Boston, Massachusetts
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing primary administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Technical Product Management and other teams in Cengage’s corporate office in Boston, MA. This individual may also be called upon to provide such support to other leaders or teams in other locations or to work with administrative staff on special projects. This position will report to the Executive Assistant to the Chief Technology Officer.
· Perform general administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing (electronic and
hard copy files), preparing and distributing internal and external correspondence, ordering and
maintaining office supplies, maintaining cleanliness of office space, etc.
· Coordinate complex domestic travel arrangements and processes expense reports.
· Manage leader’s complex calendar, schedules meetings, etc.
· Will assist with planning and coordinating logistics for meetings and group events onsite and
offsite, on an as needed basis.
· Will be primary point of contact for all catering orders and conference room bookings.
· Work independently and as part of a team. May receive requests for support or direction on
projects from members of the leadership team in addition to own manager.
· May work on special projects or assignments, including cross-functional work with
representatives from other departments.
· Coordinate activities with manager to ensure work is done efficiently and priorities are
addressed in a timely manner.
· Coordinate with Facilities Department to foster a pleasant work environment for employees.
· Perform other duties as requested.
· At least 2 years of related work experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
· Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office.
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, receiving minimal instruction on daily work and
general directions on new assignments.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with individuals
at all levels within the organization.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Bachelor’s degree.
Requisition ID 2017-3567
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 8/10/2017
Job Function Administrative/Clerical